Our Commitment to Equal Access for All
We value each and every patient, and it is important to us that our website is accessible to everyone. Our website allows prospective and current patients to learn about our practice, research our patient services and procedures, and view before and after photos demonstrating our surgical results.
Our website was revised and updated in 2017. During the website revision process we made a significant effort to satisfy WCAG 2.0 A-level standards. In order to meet these standards we have implemented conversion tools and modified the way content appears on the site.
Accessibility Implementation and Tools
When designing the current version of the website we made the following modifications to help increase the site’s accessibility:
- Alt tags were written so that every image on the site contains a unique text description.
- Accessible coding and HTML formatting standards were used for all text.
- Website forms and controls were labeled with HTML tags.
- An accessibility plug-in was used to allow users to change the background color and the color of the text.
Our Process for Continued Access
Each time we update the website content and as technology advances, we will continue to make a concerted effort to make all of our online assets available to everyone. In addition to continuing to meet the standards stated above, we are committed to following the points below when making future changes to the website or adding additional online assets:
- All downloadable files will be provided in either HTML or a text-based format (HTML or RTF).
- Video or audio clips will have visual cues or closed captioning.
- We will use online tools to check the HTML of new or updated webpages to make sure that accessible coding is used correctly.
- Update alt text for new visual elements, including photos and forms.
Furthermore, we will make an effort to keep abreast of current trends and standards in accessibility compliance and implement solutions to meet these standards in a reasonable amount of time.
We Value Your Feedback
We encourage you to contact us with input on how we can continue to improve our website’s accessibility. If you have any feedback about our website accessibility please contact our front office staff at 415-924-6010. During our office hours, our knowledgeable and friendly staff will answer your questions and log your feedback and comments. If you call after hours please leave a message and our staff will return your call.